Friday, July 09, 2004

53, smoker, city freak...just my luck...i hope this project gets done...FAST!!!

Ok, so today, after getting the day off from work, I IM and play around. Working on my test on and off... My little sis Rebecca comes up and says that everyone is leaving and they will see me when I get home from class, Julie will bring me the car sometime after five. That would have worked, except I was meeting everyone else in my group to go over the answers again before turning in the test at 4:30ish. So, my mom says she will drop me off so I don't have to take the black van. I grab my stuff, and head to the car. I get dropped off at school and I head to the MLC, math learning center, where I meet up with some people and we start discussing the test. I found out that the answer I had put got copied by one girl, than she gave that answer to another guy, who gave it to another guy, and one of the guys told me that answer, which I had been wrong on, so had changed it...so we had to go back through everyone to get the answers right. Anyways...class starts at six, so after sitting in the MLC (I get extra credit for being there) I found out that the entire class period I have only stayed in the MLC a total of 2 hours and 30 minutes, I was depressed at this info, I thought I had been there for at least like four or five hours...I need an hour a week, and that looks doubtful for me. So, we go to class and he is giving out the next project. If the whole class agreed, we could give up this project and its fifteen page paper, for a cumitilive 100 multiple choice final, not enough agreed, and we are stuck with the project. We have to take samples and do all the data stuff. It could have been fun, but my choice in partners was not. I could choose someone who has told me is going to drop the class, has not done assignments, and is a slacker in every sense of the word, OR the one I ended up going with, since the teacher kind of put us together. He is 53 year old landscaper, we were put together because he likes plants and I am the daughter of the owner of BGN. We worked on it, and I found a problem and threw out everyone of his ideas, and gave him some which we are using. He wants me to do all the talking and "out going" stuff, and he will do all the writing. What he does not know is that the presentation has to be split fifty/ fifty. Well, we have to communicate and get this project done, so I ask for his email...yeah, the dude doesn't HAVE email, he only uses phones, well that's all nice and everything, but I don't have a lot of access to a phone, I gave my home number and work number and times he could call each, but that I did not have a phone in my apartment. That was too much for him, I am now responsible for calling him. The other thing that bugs me is that he calls are meetings "dates", What is up with these old guys? Do they find this entertaining? Anyways...the main killer is that he is a heavy smoker, and I am an asthmatic. I cannot breath around him, he Stinks SO very bad. I am worried because when we leave campus, he is free to smoke anywhere but in buildings. But living in CA I am sure he is very used to not being allowed to smoke much at all in public places. In CA you cannot even smoke in bars, which is NICE. I still cant believe out of all the people sort of in my age group...well only about five to ten years older, I get stuck with someone 33 years older, smoker, and seems to be hard of hearing. He also wants to do all test, downtown SC (Santa Cruz) late at night. Normal people do NOT go downtown SC at any time, much less at night. He said we should go to all the sides of SC, North, south, eastside and Westside. I have heard many things about the different sides...not fun. Some people when asked where they are from just say Westside, and everyone knows about them. Cities freak me out. I don't like them. Could life be any worse?

When I got home, the first thing I did, and this is so not like me at all, is walk to the table where my mom had cheesecake out from dinner and sit down and eat one half of two pieces, meaning I ate the equivalent of one piece. (that is a first, normally I only eat half a piece) It was so good, one was chocolate with chocolate chips, and the other was strawberry. Oh yum. Then I sit with Rebecca and watch the last two epesoides of Dr. Quinn (I have only seen about six from the beginning, so I was lost during most of it). Before I realize it, it is 1am, and so we go to go to bed. I then realize I forgot to eat...again, so I grab some bread and butter (French bread is the BEST, although sourdough is way better) and walked out here and wrote this. Now I must go to work tomorrow, so I need some sleep tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home