Saturday, December 25, 2004

Navidad!!!!

Christmas was great. I love my family. Sometimes the things they do annoy me to death! but they are still wonderfully great. I only bought Julie and Rebecca something, and made Rebecca and Raquel something (loosing Raquel's gift before I had the chance to give it to her) and made my MoM some things. I did not get the males of my family anything, and they did not say anything or hate me at all.
Well, the stockings held some interesting things...
Chocolate...always a good thing.
Pringles...gets ya through the day.
Cards...some scooby do and some freaky ones with holes in the middle of 'em.
And awesome magnetic braclet/necklace/whereveryouputitlace.
A orange backpack.
A sketch doddle thingy.
Socks...a must.
Bells!!! Really it was a hair band, but we wore them as bracelets...oh well.
A knitting puppet kit...so cool.
and more...
Then grandma and Aunt El came over and we had breakfast.
David made me yoke-less eggs!!! I gave my bacon to my MoM but then stole one of the extra sasages which I traded part of to Andrew for half of his piece of bacon. Managed to convice the other end of the table to pass me some strawberry juice. Convinced Roger to take Andrew's eggs so that he could get seconds on cinnimon rolls. I got Robert to agree to eat them but only if I would give some of my cinnamon roll, so I picked someone who would do it for free or give me something in the deal. Poured the rest of the OJ in my dad's cup so that he would not be able to finish it and have strawberry juice too. Made my dad toast because he loaths cinnamon rolls. Daniel made one of the only spills of the day at this meal.
The presents were being stored in the front room and we open them in the living room which is the same room different side as the dinning room. So, we carried the presents into the dinning room and filled our table with them so that we could easly hand them to people in the living room. We had some lorge debates about who would be the Santa's bear. MoM started handing the presents to Andrew to run to people but that was slightly hazardous because he could not read.
Presents:
An alarm clock from Jon and Daniel...mine at school all died that last week...
More PJs...really soft blue ones with snow flakes on the pants...I am wearing them now...so nice. Oh, and I am usually the only kid or person that stays in my pjs the entire day. I did it last year and again this year. Maybe thats why I get more pairs of pjs than the other kids...
Green Tea from China...its like all they drink there.
A bamboo scarf...yes, they now make clothes out of bamboo. Usually it is mixed with cotton, but sometimes it is 100% bamboo...which is what my scarf is. The socks and towels had some other sort of materal in them. Who knows...maybe one day bamboo will replace all need of cotton...Oh, and my scarf is so very soft!
Two YWAM books signed by Loren Cunninham to me...I had to do book reports on them in my DTS...but it is still kind of cool to have the founder of YWAM (JuCUM) and a person that has been to EVERY country in the world sign it.
A knitting kit to make a shawl... :-D How did MoM know I had been trying to make one of them?
Slipper/ shoe type things...red with white fuzzy insides.
A beautiful necklace and earrings from Julie.
A handmade pillow from Robert.
More Chocolate...a chocolate orange from Rebecca.
Money from Grandma.
A fleace Jacket...orange and blue!!! so cool
A gigantic orange fuzzy pillow...Julie told me that when you sleep on it your hair gets all frizzy. Should be cool
Yeah, so this christmas I got a lot of fuzzy and warm things which I love oh so much. Chocolate and food which i need to survive. And an alarm clock because mornings hate me.
In amongest opening my presents I also helped the younger boys open thier remote controled cars and put batteries into different things...I also helped Andrew assemble his model airplane...the box says 6 and up...Andrew being 5 did not stop him...when screwing it the screw driver missed the screw and slamed into his hand...little bit of blood...gave him some ice and he felt special.
The boys got guns. Little ones that shoot plastic balls...hurt like heck when the hit you but they are a lot of fun...I will play with them later.
Lunch was next...
I was in charge of pulling out the stuffing filled pork...yuck...and cutting it and making it ready for the others to eat. I did this, the stuffing making cutting the meat a more difficult task than normal. I got the extra potatoe and the last of the sour cream! HA HA HA! Only six of us got sour cream...and I was one of 'em! Ahhh...the small things in life. I also picked through and got most of the trees in the brockley Ha, no trunks for me. yeah, anyways. Then it was desert time. My apple pie was divided up...my dad saving one slice for him later. I ate the pumpkin pie and was quite please with it. My grandma watched me down a whole glass of chocolate milk and a piece of pumpkin pie smothered in whip cream and started in on her talk about how unhealthy I am and I do not eat right and no wonder I am sick...yada yada yada. My MoM said to ignore her...which I did...sort of. I always have trouble when she starts going on about what I eat, how unhealthy I am, and how I really need to loose weight. Of course it does not matter that she was eating the very same thing as me...or she is heavier than me...oh well, my MoM keeps telling me not to let it get to me. *pretending it does not get to me*
Then I start knitting...and knitting...and I want to IM...computer is still busy...I love having David here but I loose my control over the IM and computer. This dumb iMac...the a's and o's look exactly the same...no spell checker, and the keyboard sticks sometimes. gah. I want to call or talk to people...but...yeah, did not want to interrupt anyone else's grand holiday.
Then we watched a home video that someone sent us. Oh my...I saw us at a BBQ, me as Mary in a play, us in a hot tub, and our family out camping. I saw all the kids I grew up with and we were comparing what we remembered. Lots of the kids i grew up with are now married, having kids, or are off doing something cool. Most of them are also taller than me. Speaking of which...we had our measuring time. Yeah, I am still taller than Daniel! Not by much...but I am taller. The four youngest are not even close. And there is no way I am going to get even with any of my siblings. I am so short. But this year...I really do not mind. I just laugh when I remember Julie telling me that all the cute guys were too short.
Then we watched a movie called "Time Changers" Holy cow. Good movie but it pounded the Christian message so hard I thought we would be bruised before it was all over.
Then I took a public shower...not really, but it sure felt that way. The girls bathroom in the back is open...glass shower doors and huge windows leading to outside with no screens. There is also a glass door leading to outside that at night it reflects the person in the shower so if you are passing by the girls room door than you can see the person in the shower. Also, anyone who is in the girls room can randomly walk in on you...and you can carry on conversations with the people in the room...since there are no doors and such. Only a few people walked in on me...not bad I'd say. Also MoM used the sink and took all my hot water. Then when it finally came back in full force it almost burnt me...in the end when I turned the water off steam was rising from my skin. The cats also watch the going ons of the bathroom...which is sort of annoying being that one is Fred. So talking to Fred...well, yeah, whatever.
Then my MoM and I read blogs together...and David continues playing that game that Moore and Ziggy play while I sit at the iMac wishing I did not have to work tomorrow.
Michael comes tomorrow...we shall see how that turns out.
And tomorrow...I get the joys of working with Bill...oh yeah. (gah...why me!) He now has full facial hair to go with his dumb long hair cut...and I will seriously kill him if he pretends to be my best friend or calls me by pet names or touches me or anything!!!!!!!!! And I will pretend that the surfer accent sounds cool...yeah riiiiight.
Anyways. Sorry about the long posts. It is mainly for me...to get out my missing friends and my thoughts when there is no one to really talk to.
Well, it is now 12:00am...time for bed. I miss you people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home