Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas eve was weird. I worked the whole day Christmas eve from 9-4 and it was interesting. We had some strange people come in. It was slow until noon...so I continued working on the computer doing pot labels. Then this guy came in with long hair and hippyish clothes. He started giving us his life story, where he played different instruments, how he grew up in Hawii and layed naked on the rocks at the seven falls. I was generally freaked out by him and sometimes it was hard to talk to him the smell of smoke was so bad on him. Well, after selling him a pot and loading it into his car (he had another long story of why he could not pick up heavy things.) he asked me if I liked another pot better. I told him I did like the one he did not buy better and he asked if it looked like lava...I said, "oh yeah, I guess it does" really I did not see it at all but it made him happy to see it so he bought that one too. Instead of walking back into the office to ring him up, he handed me 60 dollars and told me to keep the change. The pot was 57.34 so it was not a huge tip, but it was my first in a while. Well, after handing me the money he comes and gives me a big hug. I was shocked, although not the first time I have been huged by a random customer...some people who like bamboo are just freaky that way. So it seems that I sold a hug for 2 dollars and change...oh well, anyways...I walk back into the office where my manager is laughing at me but at least he was gone. Then I notice his sun glasses on the desk. darn...a few minutes later I see him pulling up. I run the sun glasses out before he can get out of his car (I am sure he would want to hug me for finding them...ewww) and he was very greatful and reaches out his hand palm up. I have no idea what to do with it so I give him a half high five and half handshake. He finally leaves for good...yay. The rest of the customers were pretty normal. One lady kept making me move pots around...well when i would, sometimes i refused because the pots she wanted me to move took two men to move normally. She seemed to think that because I was being paid to be there I suddenly had all this streangh to move pots for her...some people are just retarded. So, I move some and load it into her car. A few more old ladies out shopping...and then my manager went home early at my suggestion. Then three thirty hit...its was as if I was the only person on the planet. Four came around and I came back to the house. I then sat down and played more computer games until dinner because the house was deserted with everyone out either shopping or in the shop.
Dinner was made by MoM...it was keash...yuck. I made it through it not enjoying it at all. Jon, who wont eat cheese was allowed to have spagetti...so much for equal treatment.
Then we had the Christmas program. I was prepared to be very bored. I went and ended up seeing my friend's family. They told me she was in the bathroom so I ran to find her. I walked in the bathroom and she saw me and screamed. We hug and then she apoligizes to everyone for screaming and we go and beg out parents so we can sit together. She had to stay with her family, so MoM let me go sit with them because our family was already spread out among four rows. I had a spot front and center but it was worth giving it up for a spot in the back right side so I could sit with my friend. The program was boring and repeatitive. Most of the songs I heard last year or the year before...or they were off of popular Christmas CDs from singers like Steven Curtis Chapman, Point of Grace, and the like. Jen and I wispered some, so it was not as bad as it may have been. My grandma asks me later how I liked it and I tell her "oh, it was good" and she starts off about how great and wonderful it was. I picked right and no argument resulted.
We then pull out our stockings and leave them in a pile for Santa. And grab our Christmas eve presents. Girls always get pjs and guys always get boxers...always. We open them then it is bed time. MoM plays Santa while I give my dad a back rub and talk to him about stuff. Then MoM goes to bed and I play Santa. I grab my MoMs blood kit (for her diatbeties) and write with beads "Love you MoM" with the o's being hearts. She loved it! I also gave her a small beaded angel in her stocking. Then I headed to bed at 1:30am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sobriquet said...

I love you. I miss you. oh, and it is quiche!

Saturday, December 25, 2004 7:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home