Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Sick...

Well, Summers are not the time for getting sick. When you are in school is not the time for getting sick. There really isn't a good time for getting sick. Well, now is a bad time for getting sick, so of course, I am. Yes, you all heard that right. My mom says it could be the 24 hour bug, or the 48 hour bug (Time increases as I continue to stay sick). Its sort of like the flu. My manager went home with something similar, Anna Raquel was sick with something similar, and now I got it. My parents are still pressuring me to go to work. I took most of the day off today, only working 3.5 hours, off and on when I could. The huge job I had been working on finally came through, and I get to finish it up tomorrow. Its such a relief!
I am going to bed now, yeah, even after sleeping most of the day away. I am hoping to be well enough to work tomorrow and go to my sisters award ceremony for swimming and do most of life's activities. I still need to pack for Mexico, I am hoping I am well by then. The 8 am meeting went alright, the install crew did not show up. That was bad. I translated most of the time again, I did not do so well, being sick, tired, and then the guy's radios went off and I totally lost my thoughts. I got the basics of the meeting explained to him.
We hired a new guy. The first question he asked me after being hired was "can I wear this?" *He is holding up an earring, the loop type thing with balls at each end* I look at it and ask "where?" and he says "my ear" I, being very relieved, tell him to ask Sandie, because I do not care if he wears it or not. Then, a few hours later he makes some comment about his girl friend and acts just like the other guys in the office. I am depressed about that. He said he was a Christian, goes to my church, and comes from a Christian home. Yet, he wants to blend in with the world. He acts just like the other guys, other than the fact he doesn't brag about drinking (he only being 18) and I have not heard a really bad comment against women yet. I had still hoped he would be more pleasant to be around. Instead of trying to copy every one else. Also, Carlos is back. Everyone seems happy about it, I never met the dude.
Well, goodnight. Miss you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home