Wednesday, July 21, 2004

BUSINESS!!!!

Ok, so I go to work today...and they tell me that I am needed for the home and garden show in Sacramento for five days.  So, I say ok, then realize that I would be in Sacramento on the day of my final...its a 15 page paper and presentation.  I call my teacher to see if I could do some of it early or what.  He tells me he will give me a zero on the presentation if I miss class which would have been 20 points.  He also said he would miss my smiling face...but would see me later since we live across the street from each other and his son will be hired at the beginning of next month.  So...Hopefully I will keep my "a" but with the major point loss from not doing the presentation I may drop to a "b".  I had one of the higher scores in my class...hopefully it will be high enough to let me keep my "a".   
I also have to call in for my jury duty while I am at the show.  yuck.
Tomorrow morning I leave for Sacramento at 8.  I have to pack, and be ready.  Tomorrow was suppose to be my day off...Oh well.  I get to ride up with my brother and Jim (yes, the one you can smell before you see) and I am making a no smoking around Rachel rule which will be strictly enforced.  I get to set up the show and make sure everything is ready.  Sandie, my manager, will be joining me Friday afternoon. 
I get to spend a lot of time in a really nice hotel room...so I am going to take a lot of books and try to relax some.  I have been told that Sacramento is HOT.  Also, people have told me to say hi to our govenator....but I doubt I will see him, which I really don't mind.  Some people love to meet "important" people.  I find them the same as everyone else...I don't see what the huge deal is...
Must pack...and then sleep, for tomorrow will be EARLY!!!  I could probably sleep on the four to five hour drive up there.  who knows...more on me, the show, jury duty, and life later.


1 Comments:

Blogger Siri Yamiko, Dark Lady said...

i'm posting a comment for you!

I'm sure you are going to have fun in Sacramento, if you have to go. And don't worry about the class, I'll bet if you talk to your teacher it'll be okay. I mean, come on it's for work. Miss ya!

Sunday, July 25, 2004 11:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home