Friday, July 30, 2004

Life just goes on...

Well, I have not been able to get my grades because Cybereg is down. So I cant know what my teacher gave me. I think he was slightly unhappy I chose to skip the presentation part of the final...but what's a girl to do?
I watched Day after Tomorrow, tonight. Its an awesome movie. I liked it. We watched cheaper by the dozen as well tonight. My mom was crying by the end of that one. She was sad they were so mean to Fed-ex... But mainly she thought it was so cool the way the dad quit his job to be with the family. She wants my dad to see it, but he being a work-a-holic he does not have the time for the family...much less for watching movies with us. He tries...Sunday night being family night. But he is a very busy man. I see him about an hour a day, on days he is not out of town. When he is out of town for months or weeks or days at a time...I don't see him much. He was in China, then Florida, then La Honda, and now he is off backpacking.
The only ones left home right now are Julie, Andrew, MoM and I.
My mom had to go in to get her heart checked again...nothing major this time. That was good. Her eyes seem to be getting worse, this is a really bad thing because she already had lazy eye and bad vision to begin with. I have started helping my mom by sometimes giving her insulin shots, so she does not have to poke herself. She says I am pretty good at it. I got used to needles by working with a vet...but before her, the only thing I gave a shot too was my cat.
I got out of Jury Duty. I sat for at least six hours waiting for my name to be called...the benches were anything but comfortable. Hard wood, with straight backs...most people stood around or sat on the floor. I finished the book I was reading and started on the book called thr3e. So far I really like that book. Hopefully I will get time to read later...not having any more jury duty I may not get as much reading done.
The newest weird thing I picked up lately is...clear playing cards. They are clear pieces of plastic with three circles on them. On one side you can only see the circles, on the other you can see a number and spade, heart etc...... Supposedly they work great if you are playing around drinks...because they wont ruin if they get wet. They should go well with the round playing cards I picked up in Japan or the mini ones I got from somewhere else, or the ones from SF...yes...weird playing cards...what a thing to have.
Orange...yes...Orange. My MoM bought me orange sheets, orange towels, orange lamp...Yeah, lots of orange. I found a new backpack with padded straps...but it only came in grey and black or red and black....I got the red and black. I also got some blue stuff...since I still really really like blue as well. I got a fleece blanket in royal blue. So nice. I also got a new feather pillow...I like feather pillows and blankets...Oh so nice.
Speaking of my pillow...I should be off to bed.
Later dudes!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sobriquet said...

Royal blue is wonderful, and Thr3e is even better! Congratulations on all the orange! I love you and miss you.

Saturday, July 31, 2004 7:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home