Sunday, August 01, 2004

Greg...Yeah, the Jazz Harpist

Well, I went to a Greg bucannans concert tonight...I should really find out how to really spell his name but I am too lazy right now. It was slightly boring at the beginning...but then there was one part where we could not stop laughing. The main part was when a quiet spot came while he was giving his testimony, a dog barked at him...and he barked back. Then to recover that...he said, hey, I want an interpretation! The whole place couldn't stop laughing. I have also decided to give up my dreams of one day playing the harp. It has seven pedals to add to the 42 strings. The strings are different colors, "c" is red, "f" is black, and all the others are white. He said playing the harp was like "playing by color" sorta like "paint by number" I still think its harder than it looks. Each of the seven pedals controls certain strings. One petal controls all the "c" strings, and either leaves them natural, or makes them flat or sharp. You also only use eight fingers to play, you don't use your pinky (smallest finger) The strings are made out of three different things, plastic, metal, and goat gut (I think he said their intestines). He said "that's how we know there are goats in heaven, they are there to make harp strings" He also has two harps, the one he used at school was blue, the one he used tonight was black. They only cost about $30,000 dollars each.
Disclaimer- all this information was put here from memory...to the best of my knowledge all information stated here is true and correct.
I also bought a new CD today, another Jars of Clay, "who we are instead" and I got the CD "spring fever" free.
I also FOUND Wally Mc Doogle on CD!!!! I was shocked. I only found the first CD...it has two books on it. Book 1 "my life as a smashed burrito with extra hot sauce" and book 2 "My life as alien monster bait" by Bill Myers. Its so very awesome. and no, I am still not over books...they are still some of my best friends.
Well, because I was at Greg's concert, I skipped church tonight. So, I am going Sunday morning. Goodnight Y'all. Sleep well world!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Siri Yamiko, Dark Lady said...

Wow, harps.... I've always wanted to hear one. But they are big and difficult not to mention expensive.

And yeah, I did the "skip class thing" at LETU, but that was waaaay more than I have ever done here. Besides, I've lost my desire to skip... >_< Miss ya!

Tuesday, August 03, 2004 9:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home