Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Dios, Gracias por esta dia...

*Is tired* Spent the day relaxing with Jen. Got a white hot chocolate with chocolate mint and whip cream covered in chocolate chip chunks, complements of Jen who works in a coffee house. And she claims not to be Colombian... Every time we go out, we always have to ask, Colombian style or American? Lunch was American, Dinner and coffee were Colombian style. For those who do not know... In Colombia, if you suggest going out to eat or doing something that requires money, its like saying "my treat" so we learned to never suggest going anywhere unless we had a lot of cash. When a person invites, they pay. In the USA on the other hand, its very normal to suggest going out to eat or to go places and expect everyone to cover themselves. The Colombians watched a group of us "north Americans" talk invite each other to go out to eat and they were surprised when each person covered themselves and did not expect the person inviting to pay. Once we discovered this, a group of "north Americans" would invite one or two Colombians and then everyone would chip in to cover their expenses. Its so weird having your best friend in CA being someone you met in Colombian on missions. We never know which culture to follow. We both love and follow the Colombian way of doing things, we speak in Spanish most of the time, and talk about Colombia. We are also two Americans living in the US, our English is better than our Spanish, and grew up around the US culture. Oh well. While I am in Mexico, she will be in Hawaii, we shall see who has more fun. She wanted so bad to go to Mexico...oh well.
Speaking of Mexico, I don't think I wrote... I am going to Mexico on a missions trip called Missions 2 Mexico, through SCBC (Santa Cruz Bible Church) and Yugo Ministries. We will be heading to Tijuana, Mexico August 9-14th. I am going as one of the three translators for 65 high school students. Yeah, they are slightly short staffed, but God will still work through us. I have also never worked with High schoolers before, so hopefully its not that much different than working with the other age groups. 65 of them....That's a lot. Wow, To all those that read this blog, PLEASE pray for me as I do this, I so don't feel that I am able! Pray that God will use me anyways. Oh, I am nervous, but I know that God will help me, He has before, and He will again! But extra prayer never hurt anyone.
Tomorrow I have to attend a company meeting at 8 AM. So I must sleep NOW. Most likely I will be translating some of the meeting...hope my brain is turned on that early in the morning! Five days to MEXICO!

2 Comments:

Blogger Siri Yamiko, Dark Lady said...

I'm praying for you girl! God's going to use you in a seriously big way!! So keep believing in yourself and in Him, and you'll be okay. Love ya!

M

Wednesday, August 04, 2004 7:54:00 AM  
Blogger anna said...

Yugo ministries...

I think my parents have missionary friends in Mexico with them.

Hmmm.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004 8:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home