Sunday, August 22, 2004

Ok, so I have not posted in what seems like forever. I have been getting out of work...Well sorta, today being my first day of freedom, yesterday being my last day. My room is a COMPLETE disaster zone. Ok, so maybe it normally is a little messy. Well, according to my family, my room is a disgrace...but anyways... I have packed most of my shelves into boxes, and my clothes are ALL clean, except for what I was wearing today. Oh, and My MOTHER, yes, my MoM, has started blogging. She is getting negative feedback from the males in our family. How did my brother put it...Oh yes..."Freaks and messed up people read and write blogs" I said "But I read and write blogs" He said, "to prove my point". So, yeah, I am still writing even if all my brothers and father discourage it. My dad put it like this: well, in the past people used to write in journals and diaries, hoping for someone to steal and read it. Posting your personally thoughts for the world to see is the same sort of thing, except no one has to steal it.
Today was a pretty good day. I went in, and did not eat breakfast (it was gone by the time I got in there...I was what? like ten to fifteen minutes late?) Then our family pulled out risk. We tried a new way by passing out the cards and trading. I ended up will all of north America, except for central America. I traded three countries for one...and my dad said that was most likely the BIGGEST mistake of the game. (yeah, thanks dad, who I did the trade with) and I partnered with Julie, who had all the countries of Asia, except for two. And also with David, who had all of Europe. We were against Daniel, who had all of Africa, and Jonathan who had alstrallia and the two countries Julie did not have in Asia, and my Dad, who had South America, and the one country called central America from MY AREA.
WHat the?!? There were just a bunch of dogs or coyotes howling out side, they sounded horrible...Weird...
Anyways...We, the north, aka Julie, David, and I, suffered a MAJOR defeat in the hands of our southern neighbors. It started with David loosing 10 guys to Daniel's 5...then Julie lost a ton, and then I started loosing...That's when we realized that none of us were good rollers...Julie was the best of us...THAT only happened until my Partner Rebecca, came to my rescue. We did not have enough colors for everyone who wanted to play to play, so Rebecca and I agreed to take turns. My dad was beating me into the ground, when suddenly Rebecca says she will roll, and the table turns, my dad went from not loosing a man, to DYEING...It was great. But unfortunately he quit while he was ahead. So, I was the first out...and my partners soon followed. Maybe I am not to rule the world...yet.
Then after that, I went and jumped on the giant trampling with the little kids for a while, getting completely tired out.
Then I made arrangements with my VERY good friend Jen to pick her up in Down town Santa Cruz...at 12:45. My dad went with us so we could stop by palace arts. We take the newish Honda, a car bought for my sister, but my dad liked so much he traded her the car that he and I shared so now Julie and I share a car and he gets his own. We hit traffic a few times...DON'T DRIVE ON SUNDAYS...yeah, you all probably knew that, this was the first Sunday I have had off in like the six years I have lived here, or I had them off while in Texas, where they don't even know what traffic is. So, we get there, and we are waiting...for like five minutes, all the sudden Julie says...she is sitting right behind us. I was like, man, we are in a new car she has never seen before...of course she wont recognize us...so we back up...and sort of scare her. Then she gets in and we head to Palace arts and office supplies.
I LOVE Palace arts...It was wonderful...a whole isle of Oil paints, another of acrylics, another of Water colors, and Sumi-a, and brushes. Oh the wonder. So, we wonder around. I got some new colors. some of the normal ones...and I got an ORANGE paint. I also picked up the wrong series of yellow...yes, series two, which somehow doubles the price. So, on sale for 30% off, it cost 7.74 for the tube. The others were 3.49 a tube. The large white tube was 7.99. I got a brush for 3.79, a really cool one with a slanted tip. Yeah, I got out of there for about 65 dollars, so yeah, I cannot wait to continue painting with my new colors. FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!!
After that, we return, and eat Uncle Kwoks Chinese food.
Then we all took off and went Bowling. I am so bad at it, but I like doing it. I got a 68, beating my friend by 8 points. In the order of highest score to lowest was Dad, David, MoM, Jonathan, Rebecca, Daniel, Rachel (ME), and Jen. The four youngest used bumpers...so their scores are disqualified.
So, after that, we get home and play a game of "out" (it's Basketball) and on like the second game, it went on for like a long time, and I SO WON. yeah...I was the first to get a basket, and I just kept throwing it in...from the same spot, like two feet away from the basket in the front. I was driving them INSANE. So, it continued on...till it was just David and I. I had finally gotten a "o" and a "u" and so had he...we keep going back and forth, making every shot, taking turns going from different spots. (I even got it going in the hoop facing backwards...yeah, my dad helped me some with direction) Finally my brother throws...and MISSES!!! making me the CHAMPION...Yes, I was shocked, they were shocked. And I followed my dads great advice, and quit while I was ahead. So, I went and played rummycube with my mom and friend.
Then my friend's mom calls and we have to take her and drop her back off in SC so she can get a ride home. My mom and I then do some shopping. Then come home for dinner and movie night. We watched some really boring stuff about water polo. Then saw our TV commercial for BGN (Bamboo Giant Nursery) then we watched Dr. Quinn. We are at the boring part where she and sully are "courting" oh, its a little overboard with the SAPPINESS...all the guys in the room were calling out their displeasure...and I will admit, it was pretty bad. "oh, meet me down by the kissing tree" PLEASE!
After that, my sister Rebecca came out with me and we packed a box, then she had to go to bed. She has water polo and Math tomorrow.
Tomorrow we are going to go sailing. My dad has been dying to take me and who ever will go out on his 33 foot sailing yacht. He wanted to go today instead of bowling, but it had been chartered out for the weekend. So, tomorrow...hopefully we shall have smooth sailing. My friend Jen and her whole family will be going with us tomorrow. We will hopefully have lots of fun.
Well, that about sums it up.
Later folks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home