Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Well, I have not posted in a bit... Life has been hectic.

Work:
The office manager has not come in five days in a row...and that is really BAD!!! And to top it all off...our installation manager threw his back out and was almost unable to walk. He will be out for the rest of the week. Collin messed up a job, so I got woken up at 8:40 and got into the office at 8:45 and stayed there till 10:15 on my day off. Memorial day was the slowest day at work I have had in like forever. I did some stuff I was not suppose to...like look up hammocks on the internet, and did other work related things...but the day was sooooo boring!! Well, it was slow because there was a wine festival going one in Boulder Creek, an Air Show in Watsonville, and other things in the other cities around us.
There also was an accident making it even harder to travel on the weekend. Summary...guy attacked cop on highway...cop had major head wound...cop shot guy...guy in hospital...hwy 1 was closed...so Freedom Blvd (my road) was full of traffic of people trying to get from SC to Watsonville...
I heard there was also a fire by hwy 17...among other things...I am so glad I am not a cop...they were busy memorial weekend...very busy.
Another thing...our nursery is known for having a rare fungus...we are in newspapers...again! A rare fungus called "stink horn" or "devils claw" has shown up all over our property. I keep getting calls and meeting people who came to get a picture of them. I had no idea that there was even a thing called a fungus federation!!! There are some really freaky mushroom people in this world...

Family:
They are doing alright. I have been doing a bit of babysitting... Yesterday I oversaw them hauling trash, loading a truck, and I would drive the truck up the hill (it was a stickshift...I am learning!) and I would unload the pickup trunk into the dumptruck. Today, when I got them...Robert had just found a decapitated rabbit (beats me what happened to the head)...so I let them use sticks to see what it looked like inside and when they asked I would tell them what the different parts were. like... that's the heart, that's a rib, that's a um...(insert random word that sounds like it should be in some things body) and yeah, that's something else living things normally have inside them... After they were done, they scooped the rabbit (or what was left of it) up and we took it out to bury it. They dug a hole, inserted the rabbit, and then put dirt over it, then collected flowers to put on the grave...and Roger tried to get everyone to give five minutes of silence (which lasted all of three seconds) then we went inside to dinner. So, the kids learned something today...how a rabbit works... Something that some found funny...when they found the rabbit the first thing they wanted to do was eat it (don't ask me why) and I told them they couldn't because it was not killed right. Robert then looked at the rabbit and asked "so it's alive?" yeah, my brother is a spacecadet...

School:
I got registered for my class...more on that when I know.

Random:
Payday was the first!
I got in trouble for talking on the phone for over two hours...when I say in trouble...all I normally get is a talking to and a threat of having to pay for something or do something...but nothing normally comes from that. Julie is the one who told MoM.
Julie was given a car...should get her to stop bugging me about how much better my room is then hers...for a while that is.
Found Julie, in my room and on my computer...again...this time she also helped herself in the kitchen...Sisters...got to love them.
My grandma told me today I should drop out of college and become the office manager.
I have been eating a ton of fresh strawberries...we can buy them right off the farm, so we get a flat a week or so...they are so good...and they are the big ones (not the ones that fill your hand...those we got in LaHonda, but they are not small)
I work tomorrow so I am going to bed tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home