Monday, May 31, 2004

Happy memorial day. On this fine day I get to work, then when I get off, I have the honor of attending a dinner thingy.
Today at work was quite weird. I ended up being the only girl there today and yesterday. Yesterday I worked with Collin, Bill, and Marco. Today I worked with Collin, Bill, and Tony. Marco and Collin are seniors in college. They go to UCSC (University of California Santa Cruz) Bill is "older" like his late 30s and is always agreeing with me saying I am right then he does what he pleases. I wish he would tell me he wants to try it his own way. I know I would just tell him all the problems with his way, but it would stop a lot of mistakes. I tell him to mark it spactabilis...and he decides he thinks its crookstem. They don't look anything like each other, except they both have crooked stems. One is yellow and one is green!!! The last guy they had mark plants was yellow/ green color blind...our bamboo is yellow, green, bluish green, and black. He did not last long. Collin has worked here for about a year or so and knows what he is doing and except for a few inappropriate comments about women (in which Bill and the other guys kind of joined in on, they were not as bad as some guys I have dealt with), he is alright. Marco has worked two days. So far he studied our web site and came to work and had an idea what he would be looking at. I have yet to train him on quickbooks. He is Italian, real cute, and has a girl friend, and is a business major with an Italian minor. Its freaky to meet someone with a similar major and minor as you. Tony is a fifty year old Indian guy who is cool. He always helps me out and we joke around constantly. He came over and hung out with us and I loaned him my Bow and arrows and my father told him he had to try to live up to the stereotype. which he did not...he was so nervous about shooting in front of us, he put the arrow on the wrong side of the bow...and did not even hit the target... We asked him how if he could not do it standing still, could he do it from horse back...he just laughed. He has been working for us for a while. I found out he met us (sorta) when he lived down the street a little ways. He had heard an accident and was a tow truck driver, so he came to the site and offered help directing traffic and hauling the van out of the chip pile, back through the fence it had gone through, and out from over the tree it hit and broke. Well, it just so happened I was the driver of the van (I had been rear ended by a senor in high school, we were the same age...both 18 at the time, I only know that because the ambulance driver tried to set us up...kept trying to get him to ask me out) I was on my way to biology...but ended up visiting the hospital instead. I never saw the tow truck driver, (having had a stress headache, shock, concussion, and whiplash) but he saw me and so when we started working together, after about six months or so, he finally remembered where he had seen me before...yeah, that was surprising...(its a small world after all)
Well i must be at work at nine...then Tuesday is my day off!!! yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home