Thursday, May 20, 2004

Well, I am headed to bed but wanted to write a bit first…it’s really strange but I find it helps me sleep to put my thoughts here first. This is my first night with internet and well, its down. I can handle that though. Really, I can. AAARRRGGG I just love writing that. Every time I do, I think of my little sister Anna Raquel Gullman. Anyway, things of today. My hair was wavy because my sister French braided it yesterday. I did not work today and only entered the office once on an errand for my mother. I watched Cheaper by the Dozen tonight two of my sisters. It was so funny, one of them while watching the movie said, oh my, there are so many kids. That’s too many. Or something to that effect. We laughed and told her it was only two more than us, there was not that big of difference. It seems she had not thought about how many of us there were. It also helps that we do not act like the kids in the movie. When there is a parent in the room, you act like an angel. After the parents are gone…have at it.
I also went and saw my sister’s art in the Cabrillo College student art gallery this morning. That was extremely strange. Do I look like I know anything about computers or like a computer nerd??? We are walking around and the guy behind the desk starts asking me questions about his computer. It was an IMac…and since that is what I had at school the first semester, I knew a little bit. However, I have not used it all this semester, getting my new wonderful computer. He is down loading music from the internet and needed help getting it to stay on the computer. I don’t know the first thing about downloading music!!! The whole while I was there he played his “music” it was Reggae and some such stuff. So, after clicking around on his computer some, I made something up (which he fully believed) Apologized for not being more helpful and escaped…my sister was going to be late to work if I did not leave. Another thing, Sorry to those who love “modern art” but I think it’s the ugliest stuff on the face of God’s green earth!!!! It is disturbing the way they twist the human body and call it “beautiful.” Yes, God created something wonderful when he made man (insert “human” or “people” here if you have taken Dr. Ronnie Hood, he has issues with only men being represented…even in the Bible.) Anyways, I was quite unnerved by what they considered the “best” art of the school. I should have known the art would have been twisted because I went to that school for a year and a half or something like that, and even took one of the art classes (an experience which if some of it could be forgotten would be a wonderful thing). I am glad that all the artists in our house do the more traditional work. My father is an excellent painter and taught us kids quite a bit.
I played computer games for like a few, ok so maybe only a couple, hours today. Read blogs, and tried to figure out school loan stuff today.
We also went to Cosco today. We got milk, meat, DVDs, and other stuff. Milk is almost 3 dollars a gallon. We went through two gallons in ONE day my mom said. Jon is getting busted for drinking too much (he thinks he is sneaking it…) We got a few DVDs…Cheaper by the Dozen, The Big Fish, American (I think), and something like Patriot (they are mainly for my dad to watch). I also saw Monty Python and the flying circus on 12 DVDs for like 90 dollars…funny that, I had never heard of it till school then I go out and there they are…strange. WE did NOT buy those. We picked up the meat to do some stock cooking. I was browning beef, mixing up stuff for meat loaf, and stuff. Our dog decided I was its best friend for the afternoon.
I called my only friend in the area, and she was on her way out the door to dinner but she said she wants to get together sometime. Should be a blast. I am just glad she is still in this country for the time being. She is working on getting back to Colombia…where we met.
I decided to go through some of my boxes. And I picked a fun first one. It is full of some stuff I collected from other countries. Stuff from Europe, Asia, Northern Africa, South Africa, and the USA. My Central and South American stuff is in another box. Which I will hopefully find later.
Its midnight, when I said I would go to sleep, so Chao para ahora, y Dios te bendiga. I must work this weekend although I get Sunday morning off to watch my sister compete. She is in a swim meet all weekend. Oh, and my mom and sister signed me up for a babysitting job, so I get to do that tomorrow night. Funfunfun. There will only be four kids so it should not be too hard. Ha, ha, ha, and that is four kids from two families…I so wonder what it would be like to grow up in a small family. I grew up with six and now there are ten of us. It must be awful quite with only…what…like four people in the whole house. I wonder…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home