Wednesday, May 19, 2004

well…so much for a day off. Collin, one of my co-workers, asked me to work for him in the afternoon so he could drive to LA…he says he owes me, so now if I ever want time off…I know who to ask. Work is not that bad…I really enjoy working with Sandie again, but I do not get along very well with Julie, who has been “over stressed” because she lost her wallet and that makes her “unable” to work properly…so I end up with more work. *sister comes running in* Rachel, I need you to drive me to work *looks at watch* *sees that she has to be there in 15 minutes* Ok Julie I can drive you to work. Rachel, I will meet you at the van. *runs around getting dressed and ready to go* *runs down the steps and meets her at the van* I am driving there, Julie says to me. (Isn’t that wonderful, she runs into my room gets me to come out and then wants to drive ME.) I tell her ok whatever, and we get in and drive over. She told me I did not look awake and she knew I had not driven in months. So, we get to her work with a few minutes to share. I go shopping for some stuff and use her really nice discount card (sometimes she gets up to 50% off) Then I head back…It is a good thing that driving, once you know how you don’t tend to forget and that the roads on a Thursday morning at 10:00am are pretty empty. Nothing went wrong. I did not speed for once. I hit every light green. At first, the mirrors were a little off, but I got used to it. With so many drivers in our house, we do not tend to adjust the mirrors. The seat has to be adjusted some because my mom has it so close to the petals and when she gets in after my dad drives she cannot reach the petals. I am a few inches shorter than my two sisters and my two brothers. I am much taller than my other four brothers and one sister. I tower over my mother and am shorter than my father is. I am considered one of the tall people because there is inches difference between me and the taller people and a foot or more between the shorter people and me. Now I need to head into the main house, grab something to eat, and help my mother clean up some. Supposedly, tonight is Chinese food…honey walnut prawns are the BEST!!!!! This weekend my sister is competing in a swim meet. Oh, and my father and two brothers are gone for five days. They are working in La Honda more at MSB, www.msbtechnology.com then they are going sailing for a few days on the new boat my dad bought to charter. Should be funfunfun. When dad leaves its….Party time!

Well, I went to the bank today…got my tax return…went to work for an hour and a half or so. Then I took the dog to dog school with my MoM. Because it was a 4H thing a “kid” had to be training the dog. Well, I was the only one available so I ended up taking it…to be in 4H you have to be 18 or under…I guess I looked the part. Oh my, that dog was hard to get it obey me…it kept yapping and growling and being rather annoying…and the lady kept telling me…Down your dog, heal your dog to here and have it sit. And a bunch of other commands to me…and then I had to tell the dog…and I did not know some of them…It took me a moment to figure out how to “down the dog” we always down food…down clothes…but a dog? Well, it turned out to mean to make the dog lay down. Then if I got a command wrong…and had the dog sit instead of lay…or did not praise “loud enough” she would give me that look that certain people are very good at, like “you poor stupid person…why do you not know this?” and it would so irritate me! I have been around dog trainers before and never heard that terminology. I have also only been around that dog for like a week…I sometimes forget its name!!! I call it Dudley (the name of our last dog) and its name is Chudly (the same name as the dog that I grew up around) My dad…due to the fact he cannot remember many names…and he has ten kids...go figure…he would name all the dogs the same name(s) Chudly and Dudley. My mom got one and called it K-9 (after the dog on Dr. Who, a British show), and that was the only dog that had a unique name…and it was the dumbest thing on the face of the planet. It ended up getting hit by a truck…and nearly took the truck out. It was a rotweiler mix and the brain must have been forgotten when God created it…it would run up to my goat and stand there while my goat hit it repeatedly on the head with her head. Yeah, that was a dumb dog… Cats are much better…they don’t HAVE to go to school…hummm a cat school…now that would be interesting.
Well, I have watched Sinbad and Brother Bear…both cute movies and it is 2 am so…tomorrow is my day off but I have to clean the main house and we are stock cooking. We went through 4 gallons of milk in 2 days. Jon is getting busted for drinking too much, because milk is like 4 bucks or so for a gallon and 99 cents for the second. My first day back, I was late to breakfast and we had run out of milk by the time I got there, so I had to find something else to eat. Anyways, oh yeah, Jon said I may get internet tomorrow! But of course he said that yesterday and the day before that so we shall see. HE managed to get some…but MINE can wait…or so he says…and yes I know there have been problems but he likes to hold it over my head that HE has control over MY internet…grrrrr BROTHERS!!!!! Moreover, I drove again today because my sister after an hour and a half at work got sick and needed to be picked up. Then we picked up CHINESE FOOD…yeah, that’s what I am talking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home