Thursday, May 27, 2004

Well, I have been keeping myself busy. I went to a civil war reenactment...it was...Interesting. I was a confederate during the civil war reenactment, I wore the small flag on the sticker on my shirt and walked next to the little grey flag that had our letter on it, D. The problem with this is the people in charge of it messed up and gave us a union commander. So all the little kids thought they were the confederate north. They were following the union commander wearing a confederate name tag. So, I guess, due to that confusion, I was a confederate northerner. I went with the homeschool group our family belongs to. I went in Rebecca's place because she was getting her wisdom teeth out, by Dr. Slaughter. Dr. Slaughter's assistant removed my wisdom teeth. My dad cant believe my mom is sending us kids to a dentist with such a name for surgery!!! Anyways, at the place I was allowed to do the stuff with the kids and keep an eye on my four year old brother as well as the other children. I only had Daniel, Roger, Robert, Raquel, and Andrew. Julie and Jonathan were at work. While I was there my mom's friend walked up to me and said that she needed to get home, and said my mom said I wouldn't mind taking Thomas home and watching him. Well, Thomas is 13 so it was not too much trouble. Most of the time, if you are watching that many, you don't notice one more. Well, I was suppose to work two hours that day but borrowed a cell phone and called in and asked if I could work later, she said yes, that would be fine. (later I found out she had overstaffed for the day and it was better for her this way.) We rode a train through the redwoods...OH it was SOOOO pretty!!! I used to live in the redwoods but now I moved down to SC and we live among the bamboo, and I could walk up to a small redwood grove, but it just isn't the same. The train ride was an hour and fifteen minutes. At the top of the mountain they had a small reenactment, it was alright (scared some of the little ones). The one little girl was entertained because she pointed to a "boy" and said something about "him", and I told her that it was a girl out there. I guess now she is going to think that woman fought on the battle field. Another mistake... The train ride was enjoyable even if the little girl next to me pointed out ever forget-me-not (a blue flower, for those who do not know) she saw.
I have been shooting my arrows, I can even shoot them from my window on the second floor and hit the target! It is a ton of fun.
Well, I am tired and I work tomorrow...I also work memorial day, but then so does my sister and my brother so yeah, whatever
I am going to bed...night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home