Saturday, August 20, 2005

Jared's visit...Part two

I think my last post was a bit too detailed.
We then went to LaHonda. It was a lot of fun. We stopped at the light house on the way up. Totally not very exciting for me, since I had been there once, and that was like, too many times. We pull in, its foggy like normal, luckily we all had sweatshirts, and we get out and walk toward the light house. There is a really pathetic shop with trinkets and a very narrow walkway. We walk by the white house, which is very old. The original light does not even work, they have one attached to the outside. We are walking to get the awesome view of the ocean and we hear this fog horn. We were like, huh, and then we see, through an open window, sitting on a table so it faces outside is a tape player playing the repetitive fog horn noise. We laugh and walk on, see the water, say wow, and then go and get back in the car.
Then its more of Jonathan's crazy driving...and we go to 3 Amigos!!! yeah, the BEST Mexican restaurant ever, well, except for Rio Del Mar, oh and Taco Bell, and the 3 Amigos in Half Moon Bay, oh, and nevermind. Anyhow, its good food. BUT the best thing about Pescadaro is the artichoke, garlic bread, fresh out of the ovens...oh yeah! So we grab the bread from the Market, and then we pick up drinks from the General Store next door. We decide it is best to keep the food in the bag and eat it when we make it over a twisty road to David's house, we would hate to eat it then see it a second time. David's house was fun. We hung out in the basement (the part of my old house that is left for Gullmans and is not rented out.) Then we spent sometime with David, while he played WoW and while he sat around talking to us. We visited the pond, clubhouse, Pioneer market, Apple Jacks, and our old church Church in the Redwoods. We saw the pastors family and Dustin. I loved it. The others were probably bored because they had no memories from there, but it was fun all the same. Got home and Jonathan and Jared tried to fix the CD player in the car while Jen and I jumped on the giant trampoline in our front yard. We were all so into this, we missed movie night with the family (whoops) and then we all watched movies in my apartment. (I call it that, know when you see me say my apartment, know I mean Jonathan's, Julie's, and my apartment.)
Then Monday came.
We went camping.
I packed the moterhome, said goodbye to Jen (I wont see her for a year, since she will be in China), packed more in the moterhome, then we were off.
We went to a camp grounds near a river. It was hot. It was sunny. Grandma brought brownies. There was this little girl along with us, that I was really trying to pretend she was not annoying. I was tired.
Dad then decides right after lunch, that we need to go on a two mile walk, and then swim back in the river. Jared looks at me and says "I want to go, come with me?" "your coming RIGHT?" So, I get in my swimsuit, and get ready to go. Grab some sun screen and we start walking. It is fine for like the first five minutes. I should have turned around and ran screaming for my car, but Jared wants me to go...so I go. I am miserable. IT WAS SOOOOOOOO HOT. My skin felt like it was no longer part of me, my feet hurt badly, I had a headache, I thought I was going to die, Jared and Rebecca kept yelling at me to be quiet, I knew I was going to die, I had trouble breathing, I was so hot I am surprised I did not just explode. Seriously, it was mega hot, and no one had thought to bring water. No water, few clothes (bathingsuits), no sympathy, no love, no one to carry me, no mother to save me, no knight with a cold water bottle to ride up and whisk me away. I was stuck, in the middle of a horrible, hot, nasty, dry, dirt road. A mile behind me, and a mile in front of me. I could look down a cliff and SEE water, nice cold refreshing water, but I could not touch it. I was hurting so bad, I was almost in tears, except it was too dry for tears to form. Dehydration. So, We are walking, and walking...the group is growing farther and farther apart as the strong ones pull ahead and the weaklings fall behind. (I was ONLY last because I was making sure all the small children were making it, really, I was...sorta) Well, I decided enough was enough, I found a spot of shade and stood there. Suddenly we notice...the front of the pack...had turned around! WE HAD MISSED OUR TRAIL. I was so going to kill something if the heat did not kill me first! They walk past us, and we start following once more. We start down this narrow path with loose gravel and climb down a steep incline. I barely made it to the water. Then the water was too cold. But I got in anyways, I am standing there swishing the water between my fingers...enjoying it, when Rebecca takes my hand...she tries to pull me in. Somehow I am knocked in, I don't remember if this was the time Jared shoved me in, or another time...but I got wet, very wet. This "river" we were to swim down...was a creek! With lots and lots of Rocks. We start down, I am in wet flip flops, I do not own sandals! I am slipping and sliding, man, I am not stable on regular ground, but this, this was IMPOSSIBLE, wet slimy rocks covered in who-knows-what walking and slipping out of my wet, black flipflops...for what!? Two miles...three? The "river" went indirectly back to camp. I knew I was going to die. I was not so sure at first, but when I took my first tumble on the rocks, I knew it was all over. I am on shore, trying to get around a shallow part, when all the sudden my feet are above me, my shoulder hits first, pain runs through it, then my hip hits, more pain, and my knee hits some...MORE pain. Normal people, when walking by a creek on rocks would expect to fall on rocks. Well, I did that and then some, I found a plant to go under me as well. Not a soft, squishy, nice plant, no a dry, hard, dead-looking plant! This "wonderful" plant scraches my shoulder leaving bloody marks (the bruises show up later) and same on my hip, my knee just hit the rocks. Jared tells me to wash my wounds...in what...the creek...So eww. Later down this wonderful trip, which I had been spending a lot of it in pain and trying not to think about what was swimming with me, we decide to rest at a spot so the guys and gals who wanted could jump off the cliff on the side into a deep spot in the creek. That is when Terrorlynn (that's how it was pronounced...I found it fitting) found out that I really did not like river critters. So she gets as many fish as she can find and has them swimming all around me. I tell her to stop and let the fish be. So, later she taps me on the shoulder and says "look what just swam up to you" I turn around and there is this crawdad...I scream, and she laughs, "its dead" she tells me. Grrr...a little while later, she does it again...this time with a live one which is bigger...I am like, what...am I sitting on their doorstep? A bit later Jared tells me he watched her wander up and down the creek looking for one and she purposely let it loose behind me and told me it had "swam there"...Grrrrr...and I am suppose to like this kid after that?! When we finally made it back, I had a headache, and still felt like I was dying or dead. The girls change in the camper first...so I walk in, and Terrorlynn walks in and sits on my sisters bed...picks up a book, and starts reading. I am like...GIRL, YOUR SOAKING WET. She says "so?" So, I tell her to get up and not get any more beds wet "We have to sleep on that bed you just decided to soak with your wet swimsuit!" She looks at me with this lost look, so I pull out a change of clothes, help her get out of her wet swimsuit, help her remember to take her wet swimsuit outside and not to just leave it on the bed. I change...the guys move in...while they are in there...I wander in and out putting food away. Jared changed in the bathroom, I was related to the rest, so like, who cared. Robert pretended to care, until I reminded him who sometimes still helps him with baths...me. Soon everyone is changed and we sit down to read. My headache gets worse and worse. Soon I cant even see. I ask people to get me headache medicine...to no response...and there is nothing like pain to motivate you to get mean or to get meds. I get it myself and then go lay down on a cot. Heat always does me in, and this was going to be the worst one in a while. I get up, grab food, lay down and try to eat. I am hurting so bad I am crying. I don't know if I hurt my neck when falling, or if the heat got me, but the pain was incredibly bad. I went around from person to person getting neck and back rubs to help the pain some...everyone else was tired too, so that did not work well. I grabbed a bunch of ice packs from the freezer...and laid down to go to bed. More pain...more pain...I hear others eating Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream...Julie walks over to my window and gives me a bite. I hear them settling down. More pain...more pain...more pain...sleep.
I wake up the next morning...with a slight headache hangover, but otherwise...alright. My mom is making hot chocolate, which I carry out for her and wake up all the boys. It must have been at least 7 am...and they were not too happy about waking up. Poor boys. *evil Grin*

Well, I am tired...no more story time for now. I am working and packing for school...and being lazyish. For now, I want sleep. Goodnight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

*feels sorry for Rachel*

Sunday, August 21, 2005 4:21:00 PM  
Blogger mechcanoer said...

I take it that asking you to go camping in a tent and going whitewater canoeing would be a bad idea?

Thursday, August 25, 2005 6:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home