Wednesday, December 29, 2004

What a bummer of a lame day. Yeah, well, I guess I am just tired...but I don't feel like sleeping...What's new.
I stayed up last night, as usual, pretty late. I had nothing to do today, or so I hoped and planed to sleep in.
at 9:06am my MoM says "Rachel, I said get up NOW! here, this is from Sandie, she wants you to work, so get out there."
UGH. and yay. and hurm whatever.
I had asked for more hours a few days ago, thinking I would get warnings before I had to work. Turned out the note was marked with a date two days before...it just had not made it to me yet.
Well, I get up...and um...Get dressed, well, I think I did, since I ended up dressed later. Andrew in his cute voice reminds me that I promised him I would read him a story...I was on the phone with Jared at the time and sometimes I will promise them anything to be left alone. I read to Andrew every night...but last night...I forgot. He came in...sort of sad, told me his leg was better (he had a cramp which I rubbed out) and asked if I would read a story now instead. Well...I was suppose to be at work, but since I did not care about work at the moment, I went in and read him two stories. I felt I cheated on the first. I pick up this book in the shape of an angel. I was like weird, but whatever. I open the velcrow...yeah, kids book...and find that it just has "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world..." yeah, that song, repeated twice. I think Andrew thought I was making it up, because after glancing at the page I could read it without even looking at the page! And when I started singing it as well as reading it...yeah. So, since that took me all of three seconds, or so, I grab another book. This one is called...."Who's hiding..." I open it up..and guess what I read... "who is hiding in the cave...the bear (which is under the flap) That was not the first one, but the only one I remember off hand. I ended up reading the spot, opening the window and the kid has heard it enough and could tell from the pictures exactly what, so he would yell it out as I got to it. I am such a wonderful sister...ha ha. It is sort of nice to be at the computer without him in my lap. He likes to bounce around a little and it makes typing hard. I do not mind him as much, since he cannot read, so it does not matter if he watches me type. I also like it, because I tell him to keep a watch for people reading over my shoulder and I have him yell out when he sees someone...making it so I can have SOME time to be on the computer without siblings. It's more of a power thing than a privacy thing. I could care less if they read my writing, but I enjoy the power of making them go away.
aye, what a rabbit trail...anyways.
So, after the story I go to grab a hot pocket for breakfast (ha ha, I am at home and can usually find something other than nasty breakfast food in the mornings...like hot pockets, spaghetti, cheese-its, goldfish...I usually have to grab something I can run with, since I am usually late) BUT!!!! There are not any hot pockets left! There are these new hot pot pies thingys...just like the hot pockets but hexagon rather than long and oval. I think, whatever, but they end up having this really nasty taste to go with the weird shape (it took me more than two seconds to decide how to cut it in half) and I tried to eat it. I go half of it down, and gave my sister the other half saying "it is really good, I just cannot get past the special taste right now and have to go to work" After she took it I tell my MoM "those things are nasty, don't buy them again if you can help it!!!!! I like the hot pockets!" My sis still ate it.
Another rabbit trail. Because I tend to have left overs and don't mind feeding the dog, every time I enter the kitchen the dog goes insane! It starts begging, jumping, sitting, whining...and freaking out at me. It is starting to draw attention to us...dumb animal. Maybe it was from when I cut up the pork and stuffing (not liking either) I gave more than I ate and more than me and my sister ate to the dog...sneaking it here and there. The thing loved it, but yeah, she needs to relax a little, I just prefer to make her fat than eat it myself or throw it away.
Oh, then I went to work. I had to listen to Bill being praised, and then to Bill putting "the guys and Jose" down. He cannot stand them...but I agree with the guys and cannot stand Bill. gah...
Then Lunch came. I beat my dad to the table so I stole what my MoM had prepared for him and let my MoM make him something else...like soup. It was leftover meal, so I had the leftover potatoes and meat....mwhahahaha...I LOVE potatoes!!!!! I got in trouble for picking at my meat again. I like it, but I CANNOT eat fat...it grosses me out, so, yeah, got to find a way to separate it so it does not show so much.

Then I was a MODEL...yes, a model. My dad was working on the manual for the new gazebo, and I said if I got paid the same rate as BGN then I would work for symphony and do it. It is suppose to be assembled by two people...HA HA HA. It took five of us. We would work at getting it somewhere, then everyone would get out of the picture except Rebecca and I. My hands were used more than Rebecca's because she had pealing pink nail polish, and I "don't have dirt under my nails" her words, not mine. I like it because my frog ring got in the pictures. Then after over four hours of that. Rebecca, Daniel, and I put all the stuff back in the warehouse. By this time it hurts us all to lift our hands above our heads. We had done so much lifting and yeah, this is why my back has so many problems.
Then at 4:15, I went out to work on labels, came in for an hour un-paid dinner and then went back out and worked until 9:30. The computer out there is SOOOOOOOO slow. I work in Adobe Pagemaker and I would have it sort the pages...and it took it 10 to 20 minutes most of the time.
It is really storming here now. The rain is pouring down, the wind howling. and oh wow. It is late, and I am tired.
Jonathan's and Julie's Birthday is tomorrow...the 30th. Jon, Julie, and I are all going to get our cavities filled...oh yay...I am too tired to spell check totally...deal with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger MoM said...

I let you sleep till 9:00...I haven't gotten to do that for years...stop complaining and start going to bed earlier. Of course, who should be talking when I am up at 2 or 3 blogging...????

Thursday, December 30, 2004 3:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home