Sunday, June 13, 2004

This freaky weekend...

Ok, so I got a ton to write...but I have been up since 6am and its almost midnight, I got to get up early tomorrow so I will write about the long freaky day today tomorrow.
Summary:
6/12/04: Got up, painted till I was almost late to work, showered, went to work at 10, worked till two with Collin and Marco, met one of their families and the others girlfriend. They are graduating on the 13th, both Marco and Collin, they were friends since highschool I think. Then at two, ran in, grabbed a bite to eat, threw some clothes, tooth brush and other random junk in a backpack. Got in the car and went to meet this guy at three. I was to follow him to the ZOO (since I have the tendicy to get lost very easily). Well, he was to leave at three. My mom made us leave at two fifteen to meet him...Yeah, it may take HER that long...I got there by two twenty-threeish...Then the other person was like an hour late...So we sat and waited and waited...(sometimes Californians are as bad as latinos) anyways...so at like 3:20ish he shows up. And then there is some debate over the cars and such...but we finally get underway. Where I learn that the guy I am following DOES NOT USE BLINKERS...I mean, come on, they were put there for a person to use...surely it could not be that difficult to let me know when he was turning...well for him it was... ANYWAYS...we took, Hwy 1 to hwy 17, 17 to 85, 85 to 280, 280 merges with hwy 1 and they turn to 19th when you get into San Francisco. 19th and a roundabout way to sloat Ave (there is no left turn so its hard to get to the zoo cuz you have to take a right and loop back around) then sloat to some other road that the zoo is on. and we Finally made it. We beat another lady that went before us cuz she hoped to find her own way...she ended up at the golden gate bridge... We were spending the night in the San Francisco Zoo. It started out as a Boy Scout thing (figures, if you know my history with the Boy Scouts) but then since not enough boys signed up they opened it to the 4H club, which my siblings are a part of, so I went as...get this...an ADULT. Yeah, I thought it was funny too. One girl thought I was maybe 16... So we set up camp, and take a tour 6-9ish and the head to "bed" My sisters and my tent got called the talking and laughing tent...beats me why.


6/13/04: Got woken up at 6ish, out of tent at 6:30 and off to breakfast at 7. It was bagels and strawberry cream cheese, and pastries, and hot chocolate. Then we went on another tour from 7:30ish to 9:30ish. Packed up our tents, I got a T-shirt and smashed pennies, then we headed out on the road at 10:20 something. I only got cut off a few times...(MOMS STOP READING NOW) and got tailgated going 80mph...in a 65mph zone...some people...(MOMS CAN START READING AGAIN) and then on 17 (I HATE HATE HATE THAT ROAD!!!) we hit some traffic...but still made it home faster than it took to get there. :-D Got home in time to get to work.
Took a lunch break at 2 something (had not eaten anything real since the night before yesterday, just had some snack foods and chips, and bagels) and of course the REALLY ANNOYING Bill calls me off it, I got like 7 minutes...enough to eat some. To help people...his excuse irritated me. "Every customer I see I think Bonus bonus bonus...10 dollars an hour is not enough to live on in Santa Cruz. So, the more people we get the better the bonus" (I inserted the word 'maybe') yeah, and so I guess he could not handle it out there alone...I have done it a lot...but that's me compared to him I guess...some people amaze me...I went out and helped three people by the time he got done with his one. He was so impressed with himself...he sold a thousand dollars worth of fencing...yay! (Rachel is tired and being sarcastic) Well, we normally sell a lot, and yes, it is good he finally got a big one. but the 10,000 dollar sales normally get a yay...not the smaller ones. I am glad that he is working because I don't want to be out there...but sometimes...Oh, don't listen to me...I am just tired. I was happy on my first big sale. (just because I did it at 15 years old and he did it at 30 something does not make a difference) I sometimes wish that we could get someone really good out there that can sell well (without lying, bribing, giving product away, or needing tons of encouragement to try)...I guess I am too hard on them sometimes...Luckily I take it out on this blog and not on them. I am anything but the best sales person. I have a ton to learn...and I am, but even some of the other office people wonder about some of the guys that try to work there...they have...well, um....Issues...Many issues. My Bro's and sis's and I have learned how not to act from looking at them) Mainly its just cuz I was in a bad mood and tired from driving an hour and not eating in a while. While helping people my stomach rumbled...I could not stop it...and he looks at me and said that he did not think I was going to get a lunch cuz I came in later...and he did not want me to go. I WAS HUNGRY!!! Yeah, sorry, but that ticked me off... He will probably tell my boss, who will give me a talking to...but that seems to be the way he communicates...Telling the boss on everyone and letter her deal with us. I am not too worried...but pride cometh before a fall.

Speaking of which, Lioness hunt for food...Why...cuz they can!!! The males cannot pounce! The males heads are too big. They cannot move like the females. They can fight off other lions and protect the pride but cannot pounce or jump on ledges and stuff. I found that really interesting and funny. Males with big heads....hum...

Anyway, I start school tomorrow...I don't like math, and so I am nervous. But we shall see what happens...My class is 6-9:30pm

Other random news later...and maybe more random animal facts...
and I guess I did not give a great summary...It was good to get that junk out of my system. I will probably regret saying all this tomorrow...so be prepared for an apology...Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home