Friday, June 04, 2004

Well, of all the fun things going on right now...I had to get sick. Others could not keep it to themselves...NO, they had to share. Ok, so I get this cold thing...and that would be alright if I did not lose my voice along with it. I got to work all weekend. I work sales, phones, working with customers...and I don't know how I am suppose to do that without a voice, or with a scratchy one. I did it today. Sometimes people could not understand me. If all else fails...I will just whisper and tell my customers that the bamboo needs us to be quiet to grow properly or some such nonsense. I could say anything (not that I would) and people believe me. I have always told the truth...even though I was really tempted to say something else at times when a customer was annoying me. Although, sometimes the truth is quite unbelievable. Most people cannot imagine a plant that's shoots grow up a foot a day (max. in US, in China the max is 3 feet a day) or a 80 foot tall grass. It is also interesting the way bamboo was used to torture people. They would tie a soldier over a new shoot and watch it grow threw the person. Being bored through with a bamboo shoot sounds terrible. So does having bamboo splinters shoved under your fingernails. But hey, that's history for you. Yes, Bamboo is a good weapon. (I am sorry for those who do not like hearing about that...I just like finding a lot of useless facts out...and there were a lot on that subject, also I was studying things with my 12 year old cousin, and he liked that kind of thing, and I did not even write most of the gory stuff or even most of what I heard, {aren't you glad?} and well, if you don't like hearing that kind of stuff, leave me a comment and I will try to refrain from that in the future)
Anyways, we are getting more security around our place, this should hopefully slow the thieves down. Soon, I will not be able to go anywhere without setting some alarms off. (on my first day back, I got the codes mixed up and set the office alarm off for a few seconds...but still, everyone heard it and thought that was so funny...grrr)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home