Sunday, January 14, 2007

Children of Men

Children of Men
The horror of a world with no children. Have you ever tried to picture it? No children means no diapers, crying, interruptions at the movies, and no one to blame for locking your keys in your car. No need for schools, daycares, midwives, teachers, pediatrics, birth control, abortion . . . or toys. Santa Claus would be out of business. But was this the main point the movie was trying to make? Maybe. I never know on these things.
Watching the movie, I was shocked at how I began to believe there were no more children (what a waste these three and a half years would have been—my degree would be useless if those events in the movie were real) and to hear, partway through the movie, the cry of a baby. It was touching enough to make a hippo cry, but was it enough to stop the uprising? The movie said “No”. Shocking? Maybe.
I did not understand most of the “messages” the movie was trying to get across…as you can tell from the previous paragraph. There were things that I did not connect because something in the background I was supposed to notice while other action was going on. I thought it was a great movie and it was very touching (at parts). It was extremely graphic and violent but I think that was to contrast with the peacefulness of the quiet parts. The movie was touching but not touching enough for me to want to watch it again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel!

Check this out.
http://www.bahb.net/videos/scissors.wmv

Thursday, March 01, 2007 8:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry I didnt' have audio and I heard that there is some bad language.

Friday, March 02, 2007 1:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home